Winter Programming 2021
Due to the ongoing pandemic, WESA must follow protocols set out by CBCS and Gunnison County on using indoor gyms for our programs. Please see below for CBCS COVID Gym Protocols that MUST be followed.
CBCS COVID GYM PROTOCOLS
- Masks must be worn at ALL times by coaches and players.
- Health screening including a temperature check will be conducted at the beginning of each session.
- The entrance and exit of the gym facilities will be on the backside of the school (not the front/main entrance).
- Participants will NOT be allowed to leave the gym area.
- Please bring your own water from home as water fountains will not be available to use.
- CBCS COVID Gym Usage Protocols
Indoor PDP (Player Development Program) is all about developing first touch and quick thinking, players will be put into sessions that constantly provide this kind of challenge level. A player who can think quickly will always be a success on a soccer field. We want all our players to be creative, thinking before the moment has even happened and knowing what they are going to do on the ball before they receive it. Players will go through a 6 week program to improve their first touch, decision making, pass variety, working in tight spaces, movement on and off the ball, body position to receive the ball, individual technique development and much more. All of this with the fun element of Futsal type scrimmages thrown in there to use all the skills above in game situations.
10U - 19U: One x 2-hour sessions per week.
NOTE: High school players will be able to participate as this progam is on Sundays and will not conflict with their Spring high school season.
Age groups will be merged boys and girls unless enough players register per age group to split
TENTATIVE PRACTICE SCHEDULE
The Practice schedule could change based on registration numbers, any changes will be communicated as soon as they are made.
The program will end on April 4th, if we do not have to cancel any Sunday sessions between January 31st and March 28th, we will move April 4th session to April 11th due to closing day on the mountain.
Practices will be split into 3 sections with the overall aim of developing the mind, feet, comfort levels on the ball and FUN.
- SAQ with and without a ball
- Technical/Skill sessions with a ball
Small-sided scrimmage (Futsal)
What is SAQ? – Speed, Agility and Quickness. All three are incredibly important components of soccer. Development of brain and body connection occur with repetition during high intensity SAQ training session. All athletes can benefit from improved balance, quicker feet, and a faster reaction time. This is what SAQ drills help achieve through good repetition. All SAQ work is easily transferable across multiple sports and benefits the player in everything they do outside of soccer.
INDOOR PDP PROGRAM INFORMATION
PROGRAM DATES: SUNDAY, February 28 – April 4, 2021
COST: 10U-19U $150. Regisrations AFTER 2/21/21 will incur a $25 late registration fee.
PROGRAM REGISTRATION DEADLINE: Sunday, February 21, 2021
Drop in rates are not available for these programs. You must register for the entire session for the program(s).
Due to the uncertainty of COVID, if WESA has to cancel any sessions/weeks due to Gunnison County moving to YELLOW on the Gunnison County Coronameter you will be eligible for a refund for the weeks canceled. (Please note that indoor youth sports are unable to operate if Gunnison County is in the YELLOW on the Gunnison County Coronameter.)
Refunds, for this reason, are as follows:
- The $25 registration fee is non-refundable.
- You are eligible to receive a weekly refund for sessions canceled by WESA due to COVID Futsal $15 per week; PDP $20 per week
- You will need to request your refund by emailing westelksoccer@gmail by the last day of the scheduled program.
- Refer to WESA Refund Policy for refunds outside of COVID cancellations: WESA Refund Policy